Saturday, April 11, 2015

So just what will be left?

image: http://s.hswstatic.com/gif/freezer-efficiency-tips0-1.jpg

Having reviewed my menus for the rest of April and having created menus for May, I anticipate having the following left come the end of May for the new month of June:

apple chicken sausages-3 pkgs
bulk Italian sausage meat- 3 lbs
sweet Italian sausages-3 pkgs
pork chops-2 meals worth
ground ham-1 lb
beef stew meat-1 lb
corned beef-1
Italian mearballs-approx 2 meals worth, can ration them further, however
ground pork-3 lbs
meaty ham bone-2

I see quiche, hot pot, stew.

Add in some canned clams, canned salmon, and I have enough meat based proteins on hand for another month, although heavy on pork. I also have lots of dried beans (black, chic peas,large lima, pintos, navy) as well as a few canned: red kidney, pintos, baked. I also have textured soy and organic quinoa.

Other freezer contents that I aim to use: cranberries, blueberries, pumpkin puree.

End of June also means end of school/work lunch prep and we eat a home prepared (often hot)meal for lunch. Usually simple like pasta, soup depending upon weather, sandwich, salads, and leftovers.

Big concern for me now is our housing situation.If we do have to move, I want to transfer as little food as possible in the process.


1 comment:

Baroness Prudent Spending said...

OMG! You are sooooo organized! Definitely an inspiration :-)
~ Pru