Sunday, April 19, 2015

Simple Saturday

A bit blurry, but this was Saturday supper: egg and olive sandwiches with option of assorted veggies from earlier in the week, that I mixed together.  DD took DS to his lesson and afterwards, they went to Aldi's for me.  Out of desperation, I drove a month's worth or recycling over to the transfer station, to return for a second trip to bring a month's worth of actual trash. I was scheduled to bring 2 week's worth the day after I got hurt, which is how we accumulated so much. $7 for 6 bags of trash/6 people or 35 lbs of trash is awesome! Consider that the average American creates 4.3 lbs waste/day:

http://center.sustainability.duke.edu/resources/green-facts-consumers/how-much-do-we-waste-daily

Another DS helped fold 3 baskets worth of dried laundry and to hang sheets on the clothesline. I was able to place the rest on clothes horses, now placed on the enclosed sun porch. More sheets were washed last night, I'll need those hung out today as well.

No comments: