Sunday, April 26, 2015

Repairig a broken, Market umbrella

 Someone* left the market umbrella open when we had a terrific rain storm blow through this week. I came home from work to find the umbrella table on it's side out on the back deck. I was able to get the cloth off of the umbella ends, so that it'd stop moving about.
 Unfortunately, one of the wooden rods of the umbella is split in 2. I only bought this last year GRRRR. So, how would you go about repairing the wooden rod? I figure that superglue could adhere it together, then I'd wrap duct tapt around the mended area to reinforce it. Thoughts?

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Perhaps a few small screws after the gluing and before the duct tape for extra reinforcement?

Theresa F said...

Duct tape fixes everything :).

Mary Lou said...

What about splurging on some Gorilla Glue? You can find it in a small bottle or maybe even ask around some friends may have it. I think it might work better than super glue. I also think the idea of using some screws to hold it in place is also a good idea.

CTMOM said...

Mary Lou, yes, I have considered Gorilla glue.

CTMOM said...

Mary Lou, yes, I have considered Gorilla glue.

Belinda said...

I would not spend the money on Gorilla Glue if you already have super glue on hand. I've tried the GG and imo it does not work as well as super glue. I would super glue it and do the duct tape, or just the duct tape. It works wonders.

Julie Vidani said...

it might look nice if you wrapped some raffia around the duct tape so it looks like it was always intended to be a "wrapped" piece.