Friday, April 3, 2015

I'm good!

 Tonight's menu is the original plan, decided upon weeks ago.  I took stock prior to creatimg April's menus, and deemed that there was just enough faefalle left in my gallon sized, glass storage jar for one more meal. As I mentioned recently, we're moving to cheaper pasta cuts so I earmarked some fancier ones on hand to liven up the pasta bowl. A small thing, really, but still a nice change of pace. I measured exactly 4 cups-the amount needed.Perfect!
 Good Friday doesn't have to mean fish, so pasta with a home made marinara wiil do: large can tomato puree, pint home canned orgamic tomatoes, canned mushrooms, beef bouillion, minced garlic, minced onion, bay leaf, black pepper, Italian spices. This simmered slowly in the crock pot all day. Sides will be canned French greeen beans, tossed salad with choice of dressing, option for freshly grated Parmesan on the farfalle, if desired.
 This morning, I returned to my orthopedist for a wound check and a non fall related procedure. 2 days post op and I am doing awesome! As expected, last night was rough, pain wise, but once I washed n chamged for the night, I took my pain RX and was able to sleep 6 hours, waking at 4 a.m. when I got more RX and an ice pack, then back to sleep. Wound is doing well, regular bandages for a day, and I can shower on Sunday. I told my MD that I consider thar to be my Easter gift this year. I return to him next week, stitches to be removed, wound checked again. Not sure how long I will have to wear a sling. I stopped at the rehab center and set up my PT sessions. Going into this, I know thar I will run out of benefit and incur debt. Knowing my insurance status, I can plan accordingly.
My procedure: getting a cortizone injection in my left thumb, which is now officially shot. I
This will buy me some time until, if all goes as planned, I can have surgery this Summer on that hand, after getting a procedure on my right bicept tendon, 3 weeks prior. I remain on my original timeline from before my recent fall, so those additional, upcoming procedures will be covered in full under my medical insurance. A perk to getting the shot today, as originally scheduled is that it was pain free. It nirmally is very painful, I've had them before and I have a high pain tolerance.

image: http://www.elitecampbell.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/CIMG1603.jpg

I am not the only one getting repairs, my car is at the body shop getting a cracked bumoer replaced sometime this weekend into next week. I can't drive so it's there for them to fix it, as long as I can get it back by next Friday afternoon. I will soon be at the dealership getting the snos tires off, an oil change. Final car task: getting my cracked windshield replaced. My tax redund in action. I need to keep this car for at least 4 more years, maiintenance and asthetics matter.



6 comments:

Marcia in rural WNY said...

Glad to hear you're doing so well.

Belinda said...

I'm glad to hear you are doing so well! :)

Florence said...

You are the strongest person I know! Glad you are coping so well! Don't let up on getting the kids to help!

thyme2save said...

Good news in always welcome.

Baroness Prudent Spending said...

You are such a trooper! Darling Parent is the same way. Good patient, good healer. I think 95% of it is the attitude. The other 5% is a combination of luck and fast healing cells :-)

CTMOM said...

Pru-funny, my orthopedist called me a real trooper, saying that I have a great attitude and that some od his patients . . .not so much. i told him yes, this sucks but it's not cancer and he xan fix it. : )

love my MD!