Monday, April 6, 2015

Fish on Monday

 We're sticking to the original plan for tonight, which once again reaches out to the pantry shelves: salmon cakes with homemade tartar sauce, French green beans, and not pictured:several cans of whole potatoes.

My supper plate
The snack cabinet is looking sad, even with some recent purchases: 2 bags tortilla chips, 2 pouches sunflower seeds plus jar of them, jar banana chips, saltines, sleeve wheat crackers, 1/2 bag potatoe chips, jar popcorn kernals plus dd's jar of salsa she purchased, not caring for my homemade version.

3 comments:

CT Bargain Mom said...

Good to see that healthy frugal eating us staying on track for you all. It was good to see that your don stepped up and made Easter Dinner with you having limited mobility and DD feeling poorly.

I have a total Nosey mom question....does the Girlfriend pitch in and help? You never mention her much when it comes to tough times.

CTMOM said...

CT, yes, gf steps up to the plate, been helping mostly with laundry, putting away clean dishes from DW, loading DW, setting table, kitchen clean up. Doesn't really cook, ds seems happy doing it, so fine.If I ask her to do something specific, say empty all of the waste baskets, wash down the bathroom, she will

Marcia in rural WNY said...

Sounds kind of like my husband. If I ask him to do something, he does it willingly, but he seems totally blind to noticing that anything is dirty and cleaning it without being asked. As we are both supposedly "retired" I view his responsibility in the house as almost equal to mine--he does some outside work but still needs to share inside. I also do 99% of the cooking, but I enjoy that mostly.