Saturday, March 14, 2015

What's been cooking?

Wed was dinner for one, so I had salad and pizza bites. I was craving pizza, this satiatied that and avoided going out!

 Thursday was Crock Pot night, but not vegetarian. I used 2 more pints of home canned tomatoes, a can of black beans, a bag of fzn prepared pintos that I prepared as a "frozen asset."
 This is what I came home to at 6:30 p.m.
 I quickly grated some sharp Cheddar

Made a single batch of cornbread from scratch, adding water to the dregs of the quart of buttermilk to get enough liquid for the recipe (came out fine!) I cut this into 6 pieces. Done.
A simple salad to round out the meal, choice of dressings.

Fri turned into entertaining a friend night, so I stopped at Aldis on the way home, grabbed 3 pizzas, a 12 pack of root beer, butter, margarine, soft margarine, coffee, 2 boxes cocoa, beef franks, 2 blocks cheese (sharp Cheddar and Colby Jack), hotdog buns, cabbage, a pkg of plain bagels (kid request).

$39.10.   $15 was just pizza but we'd spend that PER PIZZA if ordered out. This worked.

Sat: canned baked beans, pan fried beef franks on buns. Kept it simple

No comments: