Thursday, March 5, 2015

Today's good eats

Yet another snow day so no work/school for most of us. DS # 1 did have to report for 6 a.m., luckily, there was only an inch or so of snow at that point.  Since I was home, I've made breakfast for those willing to roll out of bed:

Fried bacon, fried eggs, OJ, choice of cocoa or coffee, choice of bread/toast: Rye/White/Oatmeal toast or banana/chocolate zucchini bread with/out butter/margarine.
  Not bad for a week day morning!
 DS at work will be home around 1:45, so I am planning lunch for 6.


 I'm defrosting 2 trays of my home made lasagna, which will be for the rest of the family as I do not care for it (texture issue) but I will polish off the leftover pizza, getting that out of the fridge.



 Today's plan is still on: baked macaroni with ham, using the rest of my fzn home shredded Munster deli ends, half of the frozen home shredded Swiss. Pictured also is the meaty ham bone that I'll take some meat off of.
I also added some sharp Cheddar, the cheese that I normally use for mac and cheese.



 A double batch was made, and only my luncheon tub was left. Good thing that I filled it before the kids polished this off!
My supper plate.

2 comments:

Belinda said...

Funny, we had the same thought process about breakfast yesterday after having no school. :) We are on a 2 hour delay this morning.

Stay warm. :)

Catherine said...

I also have a texture issue with lasagna. I don't care for ricotta and sauce together, so I've been using this recipe for the last 10 years. It has become a family favorite. :-)
http://www.marthastewart.com/312937/tomato-sausage-lasagna