Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Planned overs: St Pat's corned beef and cabbage, take 2!

 Late, after work appointments brought me home around 6 p.m. No worries, however, as I already had this planned out: I precooked extra Red Bliss potatoes and an extra corned beef on Sunday. All I had to do was grab some onions from down cellar.
 Step 1: make an apple-raisin coleslaw and get it chilling down in the fridge
 Next: slice the cooked potatoes, chop the onions (used 2 as they were smaller) and melt some reserved pork fat. Meanwhile, I ground up the precooked corned beef in the food processor. I then seasoned this hash with salt and pepper. Grabbed the spicy brown mustard for the table
Final step: open up 2 cans of baked beans and warm them through.

Dinner was delicious, fitting a St Pat's menu, and on the table by 7 p.m.-our dinner hour! Perfect.

1 comment:

Dawn- Blessed Beyond Measure said...

Yum! This looks and sounds delicious! :)