Saturday, March 14, 2015

Household supplies on a budget

 On my list has been a replacement 13 x 9 x 2 pan, as I broke my second pan last month. WM wants $12-$14 for one, and I am simply A-not willing to shop there if I can avoid it, B-don't want to spend that much. I was hoping to get one for $3, but I wasn't able to even find one a few weeks back when I went thrifting. Since DS and I were traveling back thru the town where Savers is located, I stopped in to see if they had any. I was in luck! They actually had 3, and of the 2 Pyrex (think the third was a no name) this brown tinged one was cheaper so I got the $5.99 one. Had a tiny bit of crud on it, which cleaned right off. Since this mimics my clear one, I can now make a 2 tier rectangular cake, if desired-an extra bonue.
 I also came across this Australian, cotton sheet. Has anyone heard of this company? All cotton, brand new $5.99. I quickly checked at JC Penny on line: $50 was the cheapest for an all cotton twin set.
 Here's a close up of the bottom, fitted sheet. Very pretty.
 I also grabbed, happily!, this vintage, Cannon Royal Family cotton percale sheet. New in package, it sat in someone's closet. I took it away for $5.99. We officially are switching over to Spring mode this week: flannel sheets are coming off, cotton ones on! There currently are 3 twin beds in the home, and some of the sheets I have needed replacing. Plenty of cases to put together a set out of there. All cotton will certainly be welcomed, come Summer.
I also found this new with tags, quilted, apron for ME! My old standby is pretty sad, worn, stained and not that thick. Time to replace. I like that this one is very ample for "the girls," has a pocket, and is reversible. $3.99

$23.35 Not bad.

1 comment:

Baroness Prudent Spending said...

Well done on those purchases!