Tuesday, March 10, 2015

At the right place, at the right time

Image: http://www.usmansheikh.com/Images/rightplacerighttime.jpg

This afternoon found me bringing kidlet in to the city for an appointment, which meant that we would literally drive right by Price Rite. I don't like Aldi's regular quarts of yogurt, and don't care for Greek yogurt, which they also sell, so I knew that PR would be on my list of places to get to. Someone also suggested that I try baking goods there, now that Xpect is no longer an available option for me.

We hit the store at the right time! Here's what I bought:

4 5 lb bags unbleached flour (I prefer unbleached, so I don't buy from Aldi's)
4 cans ck of the sea albacore @ 99 cents
1 can sliced pineapple (for Easter)-Aldi's was out
a jar of chopped garlic in EVOO
a HUGE head of cauliflower $2.19
5 lbs of carrots $2.50 (cheaper than Aldi's)
2 quarts low fat, vanilla yogurt
5 lbs Eastern potatoes $1.69


But the best find:

5 pkgs of marked down, ground pork
4 pkgs of marked down, sweet Italian sausage meat (out of casings)

I was out of grnd pork, sausage, meatballs for the freezer.

I have frozen this meat, and intend to make some trays of meatballs this weekend, and freeze them for future meals. I got the aforementioned meats @ 40% off. Nice.

Spent $45.15 today.

$85.18 remains in my reduced budget for the month. Will only increase SHOULD I get my reimbursements. Some treats were recently bought, but are earmarked for the twins and the one kid who does pay me, and on time.

3 comments:

CT Bargain Mom said...

I plan on hitting Xpect and Price a Rite on Thursday. Thinking if I do well there Im skipping Aldi this month. There was nothing in their sales that I can't get at either of those 2 stores for the same price.

Belinda said...

Great deals!! I love being in the right place at the right time. :)

Theresa F said...

I second what Belinda said. It feels like hitting the jackpot when I score reduced meat deals :).