Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Vacation lunches at home

Image: http://kidshealth.org/kid/recipes/what4lunch/headers_100559/K_LeftoversForLunch_1.jpg

Typically, first offerings to anyone at home for lunch, are leftovers, should they be available. A quick lunch would otherwise be cooked, or simple sandwiches prepared.

This is my vacation week, with the youngest only getting a bridge weekend. My lunches have been the aforementioned leftovers, but also a few sandwiches, which is unusal for me:

 Monday found me enjoying the best part of this past weekend's Sunday supper: a toasted, homemade white bread, herbed mayonaise, honey mustard, roast turkey, organic baby lettuce mix, sliced tomato sandwich.
Today is Ash Wednesday, and we do follow Lenten meal restrictions. Today's luncheon menu: tuna salad (2 cans chunk lite, 1 can albacore tuna, mayo, black pepper, dill weed, minced onion, chopped celery, including the delicate leaves) on toasted, Jewish seeded Rye bread, romaine lettuce, sliced tomato. Potato chips on the side.

Yum!

7 comments:

Belinda said...

Both of those look delicious! :)

Frugal in Bucks said...

That sandwich looks gorgeous, you're making me hungry!

young77 said...

Yum! Makes my mouth water!

Theresa F said...

They look so yummy!! Had to laugh at your having Jewish seeded rye bread on Ash Wednesday. Seems like that might be a conflict of interest :).

CTMOM said...

Theresa-Ha! but then remember, Christ was Jewish. ; )

CTMOM said...

Belinda, Frugal in Bucks, Young77-
thanks. I've never really been a sandwich person, even as a kid. I do NOT like American cheese, bologna, fluffy "wonder" bread-never have. It's a rare occassion when I hanker having a sandwich and often is turkey, tuna salad or a BLT-haven't had the last in ages! Bacon is so expensive.

young77 said...

Who knew one sandwich would generate so many comments! I agree with you about sandwich fillings and yes, bacon prices are out of sight. Shirley