Tuesday, February 17, 2015

recipe share: corn meal muffins

Image: http://cdn2-b.examiner.com/sites/default/files/styles/image_content_width/hash/8b/0c/8b0ca81e676fb2fe77bb38d49a69206f.jpg?itok=vF6p4LtM

A lot of back and forth driving today, as we aimed to meet 4 appointments, and I snuck some grocery top ups in, as I was literally driving right by.

Came home just before the dinner hour, but with still ample time to make these:

Corn Meal Muffins

1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 cup milk
2 cups flour
1 cup corn meal (I only use stone ground)
4 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp salt

Cream butter and sugar
Add eggs and beat until light colored and thick
Alternately add presifted dry ingredients and milk, beat thoroughly

Bake 400 F for 20 minutes.

I doubled this recipe, so will have 24, this normally makes 12.

1 comment:

Gill - That British Woman said...

bought a big bag of cornmeal still need to use it, this recipe sounds like something I could use some of it in.