Sunday, February 22, 2015

Crock Pot Sunday

 My medium sized, oval Crock Pot with my remaining 2 8 count bags of home made, Italian style meatballs from the freezer. I added a fzn tub of what appeared to be plain marinara (may have some ground bits of Italian sausage in it-couldn't tell), a 29 oz can of tomato puree, a 29 oz can of stewed tomatoes
 The remaining 1/2 of a large onion from yesterday's soup making was chopped, along with 2 large stalks of celery, the rest of a box of white mushrooms were sliced, about 1 cup's worth of mixed, frozen pepper strips (red, green, orange, yellow)that I later chopped finer before adding also to the awaiting Crock Pot
 I also added salt, pepper, a large Bay leaf, a generous amount of mixed Italian herbs
Blended together, it will cook all day, to be served over 1 lb of spaghetti noodles, with freshly grated Parmesan offered on the side. Fzn broccoli cuts (bought at DT, and was not pleased with it, as it is mostly stems, hardly any florettes) that needs to go, and a large green salad with choice of dressing will round out the meal.

What's gracing your Sunday supper table this week?

11 comments:

Ms. Sandie Apuzzo said...

Good Morning! That looks good. As it's a snow day I am baking requests and experiments. I'm not sure what will be on the dinner table this evening, as it's Oscar Night and usually DH wants Chinese. Long standing tradition.

Theresa F said...

Nothing nearly that yummy! :)

Kelly Campbell said...



Thin sliced Ribeyes. I paid under $7 for 2 of them. It is a bit of a splurge but I love steak. Baked potatoes and asparagus spears.

slugmama said...

Tonight is tacos using ground beef bought on sale and browned up last night. I'll saute onions and add that and spices to the GB tonight. Bag of cheese from the freezer is sitting out thawing.
I'm starting asparagus and leek soup in the CP today for dinner tomorrow.

Frugal in Bucks said...

We had a roast chicken and the extra meat will be used to top a pizza base tomorrow with BBQ sauce, cheese and olives. You always do such nice food and I love that you offer little extras on the side. I hope your appreciated. Much love from across the pond. X

Gill - That British Woman said...

that does indeed sound and look good. Dh will be having leftover quiche and I will be having soup. Nothing exciting here I am afraid.

CTMOM said...

Sandie-what did you end up baking?

CTMOM said...

Kelly, steaks sound good. Hard to afford that around here, they average $16/lb.

CTMOM said...

Sluggy, I've done ground meat-drained and rinsed beans as a 50-50 mix for tacos for years. Ground beef is ridiculously priced. Ground turkey remains a bargain at less than 1/2 of what ground beef runs around here.

CTMOM said...

Frugal, a buffalo chicken or BBQ chicken pizza is what i think that is called over here. I've never had or made one, but sounds yummy! one DS in particular would enjoy that!

CTMOM said...

Gill
Soup and quiche sound perfect to me!