Wednesday, February 4, 2015

A small grocery shopping trip

Image: http://www.lynsherrell.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/tb_Aldi_450x300.jpg

PT brought me to the city, so I stopped for gas ($2.12/gallon!) and grabbed some needed items at Aldi's. Here's what I bought:
2 lbs fzn wild caught Cod fillets, 2 lbs fzn Tilapia fillets, 4 boxes tissues, 2 bags tortilla chips (one is reserved for a new recipe on Monday), 1 Rye bread, 1 3 ct pkg of Romaine hearts, celery, strawberries, 1 doz eggs (still $1.55), 4 fzn OJ,  3 gallons milk, 2 qts 1/2 & 1/2, 4 assorted bottles of juice, 6 lbs onions, 1 lb turkey breast cold cuts, 2 bs XX sugar, ddry milk, large canister shortening, large can coffee, pint blueberries, block Colby, block sharp Cheddar.
$82.67.  There is still plenty listed on the grocery list, I tried to limit my purchases to what was essential.

2 comments:

Linda said...

I just posted my purchases from Aldi. The prices I posted ended on Tuesday.

Gill - That British Woman said...

Don't have Aldi here in Canada