Tuesday, January 13, 2015

What's been cooking

 2 loaves of sandwich bread
 The baked off tuna casserole, for fish on Monday, served with choice of leftover green beans or leftover roasted, butternut squash
 Ingredients pulled/gathered Mon night for Tuesday morning's Crock Pot preparation: brown rice (tin canister) tomato sauce, pint of tomatoes, shredded cheese, organic ground beef
 A bag of frozen, organic "pepper cups." I make this recipe with frozen peppers, filling them with the cooked ground beef mixture, topping with some tomato sauce before cooking all day.
 I got this cooking at 6 before grabbing my shower and heading off to work. I came home to this, 12 hours later.
 Organic CSA butter and sugar corn from the freezer
A Winter salad of Romaine, green cabbage, 1/2 of a chopped tomatoe, 4 organic French radishes, the rest of the organic CSA bread and butter pickles (I cut them into 4ths and added the onions as well). Dressing choices were all homemade: Ranch, DOrothy Lynch and mustard-herbal vinaigrette.

3 comments:

Frugal in Bucks said...

I always feel hungry when I read you blog! Stop it, I'm getting fat! I'm gonna try the stuffed peppers and your salad looks great. Thank you as always for taking the time to post your photos, I'm lazy like that. X

Shara said...

Everything looks good!

CTMOM said...

Frugal in Bucks and Shara-
Thanks