Tuesday, January 13, 2015

My patience paid off and a bit of grocery shopping

This past weekend, the Dollar tree was completely out of eggs. I unexpectedly returned to the city, so I stopped in on Monday-still no eggs, their shipment came in all cracked. I turned back to Aldi's (last price this past weekend was $2.69/large doz) out of desperation as we were down to one egg in the house. Patience paid off as the price of eggs dropped to $1.99. I grabbed 2 more dozen. Nice.

Today (Tues) found me back in the city, and needing a few staples. We stopped in at Price Rite as we were closeby. I bought: 2 gallons milk, 2lbs brown rice, bananas, 4 29 oz cans B & M baked beans, honey, 4 boxes brownie mix, Goya chicken bouillon, 2 tubs ice cream, a jug of ice melt for the front steps, a small jar of peanut butter to keep at work, 3 boxes jello. $37.70.

5 comments:

CT Bargain Mom said...

So glad to see you found eggs more reasonably priced! I just bought some at Walmart lady night for $1.99/dozen & thought of you.
I'm back blogging - had to do a re-set of a few things in life. But decided I liked blogging so ..... I came back. Holidays were almost dicey, but I have some new goals in mind....

Catherine said...

Not sure how close you are to a Stew Leondard's, but they have 18 pack extra large eggs on sale for $1.99 until tomorrow. :-)

CTMOM said...

catherine-thanks for pointing me in the direction of Stew's. Yes, there are 2 within my travels, and I'll be very close to one tomorrow. Worth stopping just for the eggs to stock up.

Shara said...

I often find that per count our Walmart's over sized packages are the best price on eggs in my area. I often go with Aldi though because the few cents savings I would make would be eaten up in gas to get to Walmart.

CTMOM said...

Shara, I avoid Wm at all costs. 'nough said. I did see that many retailers had eggs for $1.99 this week. I got an even better deal by going to Stews (18 count for $1.99)