Recently, I was at the dermatologist and as I was leaving, I scheduled 2 follow up procedures, one scheduled for this morning. Knowing that if I didn't show up or if I didn't cancel with at least 24 hours notice, I've kept an eye out for this weekend's weather, and we ended up having a Nor'easter. Predictions were accurate, round one has blown thru, leaving about 6 inches of snow, and we await round 2 later tonight, to include ice. Having read numerous signs at the MD's that a medical cancellation incurrs a $25 fee, and a cosmetic procedure a $75 one, I made sure to call first thing on Fri, at about 9:15 a.m. and advise the receptionist that due to the impending Nor'ester, I would be rescheduling my appointment for Saturday morning. I confirmed that I will NOT be charged any fee for doing so. Frankly, based on the conditions out there (DS # 1 left to go to work at 6 a.m., just returning and I await the driveway being plowed)I highly doubt that they even opened the office today. Regardless, I'll keep my $75, and use some of that for the upcoming charges for a procedure that will not be covered through insurance.
DS also normally has 2 lessons/appointments on Saturdays-luckily the instructors cancelled on their own. If WE cancel, we still have to pay the full amount.