Saturday, January 3, 2015

I need drapery help!

Image: http://www.cnbhomes.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/magnificent-pinch-pleat-curtains-BXuyo.jpg


I don't have much experience with drapes. The first sets I ever bought (Still have and use) are lined, cotton 63" so I have been able to get away with using clips on rings that I slide over standard curtain rods. I have just purchased (second hand) 4 panels of high end, designer fabric drapes, 72" long, also lined but HEAVY! No way can I stick with my make do curtain rod and rings. So-what exactly do I need to purchase?The drapes in question are considered an investment: taupe/grey/cream plaid that will go in any room: living room, bedroom etc down the road. For now, they will be covering the cold glass of the kitchen bow window that is located in the eating area of the kitchen. I've taken a glance at JCP, Home depot, Kohl's, Loews-but need some guidance. I like more plain or simple designs. Thinking black again for the hardware. This can be an expensive undertaking-so I want to do it right, buy quality, just not overspend. I envision a heavy duty pole of some sort that sits on 2 mounting backets with a third one in the middle of the window casing to support it. Any tips/suggestions are appreciated!

5 comments:

Larissa Stretton said...

We have used inexpensive electrical conduit we got at Home Depot. My husband just screwed two lengths together with the joiner in the center of the window so it does not interfere with the operation of the curtains. This is very strong and we use the drapery brackets that were already in place. Finials fit the ends so your curtains won't fall off.

Hope that helps!

DW said...

Are these pleated drapes, or do they have grommets?

Frugal Queen said...

I always make my own curtains, it's simpler than you'd thinf. It's just a fabric bag with a heading to attach hooks to.

CTMOM said...

DW-these are traditonal, pinch pleated drapes. Ubber high end quality, these will last a lifetime, to be sure. I grabbed them from an Interior designer who removed them from a client's home (I guess she keeps what they don't want and makes some extra cash on the side). The fabric is designer and retails for abotu $300//yard. Very heavy, excellent quality. Now to get the correct hardware for them, without spending a small fortune

CTMOM said...

Froogs, I can sew and do make simple curtains, these are lined drapes.