Wednesday, January 28, 2015

A quick top up on some basics

Iage: http://personal-finance.thefuntimesguide.com/images/blogs/aldi-grocery-store.jpg

This afternoon found me back in the city, so I took advantage of my proximity, and ran into Dollar tree for some items, finding the shelves very picked over. I bought 2 pkgs each of sunflower seeds and batteries.

Next door, is Aldi's where I bought: 2 gallons milk, 4 doz eggs @ $1.55, 2 lbs butter, 1 lb stick margarine, 1 tub soft margarine, celery, 2 lbs bacon, 2 qts 1/2 and 1/2, 2 cnas fzn OJ, 2 bottles juice, 2 blocks sharp Cheddar, 4 cans mushrooms, steak sauce, vanilla ice cfream 2 cans sweetened condensed milk, 2 bags choc chips, 2 bags tortilla chips.  $53.76 debit card.

We're anticipating a storm Thurs into Fri and again Sun into Mon. This is New England, after all!

3 comments:

Frugal Queen said...

I'm alwYs amazed by milk in gallons, we buy it in pints, DB use two pints a seek

Nancy said...

Egg prices not much better here in Ohio. $1.49 a dozen at Aldi when I bought some Wednesday.

CTMOM said...

Nancy, Aldi's is selling eggs $1.55 here in CT-that's easily 1/2 of what the regular grocers are asking. Dollar Tree, my fallback option, sells medium eggs at $1/6 ct or $2/dozen, making the large eggs at Aldi's a real bargain. Egg prices have dropped down in recent weeks, but I am still mindful, as I am with all prices for common ingredients in my kitchen.