Saturday, December 20, 2014

Today's freebie and more crash n burn

 Today's mail brought me this 2015 freebie calendar from Betty Crocker. Nice.
One of my "to do" items was to purchase some Kraft Old English cheese spread for an appetizer that DS #1's Gf wants to make for Christmas. I had a hard time finding it, but an Internet search on Kraft foods advised me of a local Stop & Shop that carries it. I bought 2, and used the tear off, $1 coupon that the display had. Nice. Since I was there, I checked for marked downs and did come home with a few:
2 4 b bags of store brand sugar @ $1.19
1 can store brand black olives @ 84
1 29 oz can store brand crushed tomatoes @ 89 cents
3 29 oz cans of Goya beans (1 black, 2 red kidney) @ 99 and 74.

$12.74 out the door.

Earlier this morning, I was in the city with DS # 2, so I went over to Aldi's to grab some things: canister oats, 2 jugs milk, 2 jugs egg nog, 4 pkgs sliced cheese (Swiss, Colby Jack, Provolone, Cheddar), soft margarine, fresh green beans,  sliced Salami, large can of coffee, 2 pkgs English muffins, 2 pkgs gummi bears for stockings, 2 bags potato chips, 1 bag garlic and hummis scooper style tortilla chips, trash bags, celery. I am working from memory-there may be more. I spent $53.83.

Afterwards, I headed over to Kohl's, found nothing in clearance but  I did come home with another 3/4 sleeved, Dana Buchman blouse that is a great wardrobe staple for me. It is similar to this first one that I bought a while back:

http://ctonabudget.blogspot.com/2014/11/filling-in-some-gapsvd.html

This one is also black and white, but has a larger print in a filigree. Very pretty and I love the longer length, so I feel covered. I can definately wear these tops from Aug-June. Perfect for me.

2 comments:

Belinda said...

I love it when an item I am looking for has a coupon attached to it. You also found some very good deals there in the Crash & Burn section. :)

CTMOM said...

Belinda, yes, that was a nice surprise! I also love grabbing those huge cans of beans (I only ever keep a few of the 15 oz cans on hand as it's cheaper to use dried, but the canned are for when time is a factor). Under $1 for what equals a lb of dried beans (equivalent) is a go to price for me. : )