Wednesday, December 24, 2014

La veille de Noel: le Reveillon!



Image: http://benoot.com/f/d/e/desserts_13.jpg
Christmas Eve is much more important than Christmas day in my French Canadian culture. First and foremost: I must make 2 tourtiere today http://ctonabudget.blogspot.com/2011/02/recipe-request-french-canadian-meat-pie.html  I will also have shrimp cocktail, chips and onion dip,a relish tray of cornichons, organic CSA bread and butter pickles, organic CSA dillybeans, black olives; ,DS # 1's Gf is making a crabmeat dip appetiser of some sort,  I am hoping to make my rum cake to be served with fresh whipped cream, and some Christmas butter cookies today. Soda, wine, egg nog are our beverage choices.

Christmas day will see a baked ham with pineapple luncheon with mashed potatoes, steamed green beans. The kids will then visit with their Dad for supper and the evening.

I did my gift wrapping last night, reviewed what I have for stocking stuffers and need to grab just a few fill ins for the twins-then I am done. The one gift I had to mail out, was at the post office this past Monday. Done.

3 comments:

Lili said...

Wishing you and your family a lovely Christmas, Carol.

Belinda said...

I wanted to stop by today, Carol and wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas. :)

Kelly Campbell said...

Merry Christmas to you and yours, Carol.