Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Breakfast quiche aka "use it up"

This morning, I am "using it up" by preparing a quiche, a la Froogs:  http://www.frugalqueen.co.uk/2013/08/how-to-make-quiche-and-supper-for-72p.html

With sharp increases in food items, her technique is a winner. My initial inspiration was the lone, pork breakfast sausage patty. I searched around and grabbed 1/2 of an onion, a baggie of cooked bacon. A can of French mushrooms and a medium sized onion out of the pantry, some Italian herb seasoning, salt and pepper, milk, eggs-I was ready.





I only use 4 eggs (Dollar Tree medium at the moment) and 1/4 cup 1 % milk in lieu of cream.

 Here's the pie shell, filled with the sauteed veggies and chopped meats
 Batter poured over the quiche


 I can get away with as little as 1/4 cup of shredded cheese, although this morning's has more like 1/2 of a cup's worth as I wanted to finish this baggie of shredded cheese end up.

It's now baking off, coffee is brewing.

 Fresh out of the oven



A nice way to start our day.

No comments: