Sunday, November 9, 2014

What's been cooking?



Monday's fish dinner was creamed salmon (used one can to feed all of us) over boiled potatoes, fzn peas on the side

I had used a can of sale priced, red salmon-a variety I prefer but has been priced outside of our budget. I forget exactly how much I paid, but recall that the 4 cans I splurged on were a far cry from the usual $8.49/can. Pink salmon is found at =/- $2/can so it's easy to see why we normally have the pink variety. 


 Planned over Tuesday: Sunday's leftover, eye of the round roast became a pot of homemade stroganoff, using up 1 1/2 bags of egg noodles in the process, the stock/pan drippings from Sunday, a can of cream of mushroom soup, one container of fresh mushrooms, some onion. No sour cream, but this was still very good.
 Canned beets were the side veggie

Wednesday was YOYO cleanout the fridge night, as the twins were out with Dad.



Thurday's dinner: homemade chicken Parmean with a side of ziti pasta with the rest of a jar of marina, canned green beans for our vegetable.

Saturday: more pasta, this time we tried Aldi's Fit and Active, fzn turkey meatballs. I made a Crock Pot sauce and let these simmer all day, serving them over the rest of a box of spaghetti for the 4 of us. who were home. I wasn't impressed with the meatballs,and we still have at least 2/3 of a bag left. We'll eat them, I hate to waste. We liked the fzn beef-pork meatballs much more, although I still prefer my homemade. : )

No comments: