Friday, November 28, 2014

Thanksgiving


Up early as usual, I made a batch of cranberry muffins for Thanksgiving morning. I used my usual cranberry orange tea loaf recipe from Ocean spray, but baked these as muffins to reduce cooking time, and to get them out of the oven so as to allow me to get the turkey in! OJ, coffee/cocoa, yogurt, fruit were offered as well.


I started my actual dinner prep with making the stuffing, which was split 50-50 cooking in the turkey with the rest baked off in a covered, casserole dish.


Homemade bread and butter pickles, homemade dilly beans, homemade whole berry cranberry sauce, my great grandmother's pork sausage stuffing, sliced turkey, homemade gravy

 green bean casserole, mashed potatoes, creamed onions

swet potatoe casserole, cranberry-tangerine juice to start (good stuff!), butterflake Crescent rolls. Also not pictured: homemade bread and butter pickles.

Naturally, the turkey starred in the meal, which we barely made a dent in this turkey, but I have plans for this.

I also had a homemde, apple pie (topped with vanilla ice cream) as a dessert. See other post, squash pies with whipped cream were the other dessert option.

No comments: