Sunday, November 16, 2014

Recipe share: garlicky shrimp pasta

Here's the recipe that I mention in a previous post:

Garlicky shrimp pasta
serves 6, 325 calories

1 12 oz pkg pasta of linguini (I used an entire lb of linguini-crash n burn @ 54 cents)
2 Tbsp olive oil, divided (I substituted Canola oil)
1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined (I used fzn, cleaned and cooked large shrimp. this allows 5 large shrimp/person)
1 Tbsp no salt added, Italian herbs
5 cups packed, fresh spinach (I didn't measure but used a sack of baby spinach leaves)
3 garlic cloves, minced (I used my garlic press)
2 cups halved cherry tomatoes (with cherry and grape tomatoes selling for $2.99/pint and needed 2, I chose to substitute some chopped, organic Kuamata tomatoes from my CSA)
1/4 cup grated Parmesan (I freshly grate)

I modified the instructions to make this a one pot dish.

1-cook pasta according to package directions, strain and set aside
2-Heat one Tbsp of the oil in the pan used to cook the pasta. Add shrimp and sprink 1 tsp on the Italian herbs on top as they cook. Cook 2 minutes or until pink. Remove to a bowl, set aside
3-Add remaining oil, spinach and fook until just wilted.
4-Add garlic, tomatoes, the rest of the Italian seasoning and cook 3-5 minutes.
5-Add pasta and toss to coat.
6-Add shrimp to pot, toss and cook until reheated through.
7-Sprinkle with grated Parmesan and serve.


Note: I'll try adding a splash of white wine to this recipe. It is excellent and certainly company worthy. Being very generous, this was certainly under $12/recipe or under $2/person.Far cheaper than the 6 of us going out for a celebratory dinner.  I'll definately make this again.

1 comment:

Bargain Mom said...

Happy Birthday! I don't make my own cake either ;-)

I'm going to try this yummy dinner this week -