Sunday, November 30, 2014

Frugal luxury

Image: http://www.osmoz.fr/Public/Files/__Uploads/images/pub_fragrance_ChampsElysees.jpg

One of my few luxuries, is that I only wear French perfume scents, choosing this variety from Guerlain, that I have worn for years. Initially, I was able to commonly find this at either Marshalls or TJ Maxx, but these past few years, I haven't been able to. Last year, DD gifted me a bottle at Christmas/birthday, having acquired it on line thru Ebay. It came in an Arabic inscribed box. No worries, it's the scent that I wanted, not the box! : )

I now have 1/2 a bottle left, and knowing that the kdis are on tight budgets with Christmas this year, I have taken it upon myself to replenish my perfume scent needs for the upcoming year. Luckily, I was mailed a coupon for FragrenceNet.com and took advantage of a 21 % discount, buying 2, 3.4 oz bottles of eau de toilette for $88.46, with free shipping-a Black Friday weekend promotion. Normally, these would sell for $111.98 on their site, even more at retailers, if I could find it! So "Merry Christmas" to me.

2 comments:

Julie Vidani said...

good for you Carol! I'm glad to see you treat yourself once in awhile. That's supposed to be a good reward for all the thriftiness though out the year.

CTMOM said...

Julie, thanks. I do pinch here and there is many categories so that I CAN afford small luxuries such as my French eau de toilette and getting my hair done monthly at a salon. A girl still has to treat herself. : )