Friday, November 21, 2014

Fall 2014 CSA # 7-the end

 Today was our last CSA pickup for this 2014 year. Sad to see it end, it has been awesome. Today's pick: a large spaghetti squash, carrots, a T shirt (Awesome! I was planning on giving one to DS for Christmas!), bonus items: radiccio and tok soi (sp?)
one head garlic, one red onion,a jar mixed fruit jam, a lb bag of black turtle beans (dried and in a cloth bag next to the parsley) a bunch of parsley, 3 lbs potaotes, 1 lb Kale-mixed varieties, a lb sun chokes aka Jeruselem artichokes. Never had those, need to look up ways to cook them.

As an extra, I am treating us to a heiritage breed turkey from a local, organic farm that the CSA partners with. Since I am a CSA member, my price per lb is reduced but this is still a pricey treat @ $7/lb. I plan on picking my turkey up on Monday afternoon.

2 comments:

Belinda said...

Another nice haul!

Marcia in rural WNY said...

Sunchokes are good raw in salads. I used to grow them--they are supposedly invasive. I had them near the Egyptian onions and eventually the onions took over. My own Middle Eastern war!!