Sunday, October 12, 2014

Sunday breakfast/brunch

 Using it up before we lose it, and providing a delicious breakfast at the same time: (leftover) cauliflower-red scallion-yellow cherry tomato-Cheddar/Monteray Jack cheese quiche
Bacon (used the rest of the $2.99/lb pkg that I grabbed at Price Rite earlier in the week)-onion-mushroom (used canned with excellent results)-sharp NY state Cheddar (the rest that I had) quiche.

Leftovers for bfst tomorrow,if not lunches. I continue to use the Frugal Queen method of using a 9 egg (medium sized from DT), 1/2 cup milk, salt and pepper custard in lieu of the traditional heavy cream and heavy amounts of cheese method. I only used about 1/4 cup of cheese per quiche.

2 comments:

mikemax said...

Did you really use 9 eggs, or was that a typo? Either way...sure looks good!

CTMOM said...

Yes, 9 eggs (medium) for 2 quiches. I buy 8 ct pkgs of med eggs at Dollar Tree for $1. MUCH cheaper than costlier cream, copious amounts of cheese.