Monday, October 13, 2014

More household furnishings on a budget

I posted an ISO (in search of) on several local, Facebook tagsale sites that I was looking for some classic style (candle stick or ginger jar) lamps in neutral colors such as white/beige/brown/black or green for our den. I bought a dark brown, candle stick lamp with a green gingham shade from Habitat for Humanity a while back, but we needed more lights in there, especially as daylight fades faster now. We also had one second lamp, which DS's gf put in storage, and a third that we were "borrowing." I needed to get some lamps.

As luck would have it, someone contacted me about some lamps that while not posted, she is looking to sell. After communicating back and forth, arrangements were made and I came home with this today:

 One tall lamp that is next to the sofa (not seen to the right is a wall of built in cabinets with doors. The TV tray stand fits neatly tucked behind the space needed to open the door up against the wall, unhindered). I'm calling this a good reading or task lamp. Heavy, it's a black metal, fillagree style with a cloth, mottled beige shade.
 On the opposite side of the couch is a matching table side lamp, which is controled by the rocker switch pictured above, as you enter the room from the hallway.
On the other side of the room, opposite the wall of built in cabinets, is a large picture window with a loave seat in front and another side table with a matching side table lamp, identical to the one on the table next to the couch. Bonus was that both of the side table lamps came with CFL's. : )

So I brought these in, gave them a quick once over, found another CFL for the tall lamp and we're in business. Best part: $50 for all 3. I remain very happy with this find.

1 comment:

Belinda said...

They look great! I like the style too, we have similar ones here that we bought at a garage sale about 2 years ago. Definitely a way to save money.