Friday, October 17, 2014

Fall CSA 2014: week 2

 This week's CSA: bag of mixed, baby salad greens; 2 lbs tomatoes, green cabbage, 1/4 lb shallots, 2 lbs potatoes
 1 cucumber, one jar of dilly beans (setting those aside for "Winter salads" if not Christmas, lambs and duck's liver pate

and some freebies (take what you can use): so I took 3 larger Pok Choi, and 7 good sized, green peppers (now frozen as "pepper cups" for stuffing this Winter and cooking in the Crock Pot and I cut up the tops into slivers for the freezer, using some that I diced as well for tonight's supper.

2 comments:

Belinda said...

I've never heard of Pok Choi, is it similar to Bok Choy? It looks similar. BC is good, dd especially likes to eat it raw.

You got a lot of items this week, how nice that they included canned items.

I think you've picked a great CSA program.

CTMOM said...

Belinda,
Yes, we've been very pleased with this organic, CSA. Pok choi is an alternate name for Bok Choy-CHinese cabbage.