Sunday, October 12, 2014

A few freebies




Enclosed in one of my multiple orders from Kohl's recently, was this sample of face cleanser. DS's Gf didn't want it, so DD took it.


I gathered up multiple soap slivers today, chopped them up into bits, then microwaved them, stirring every 30 seconds until softened

I placed the soap amalgam into an awaiting Tupperware cup, aka "soap mold" then refrigerated it for a bit.
I used a paring knife to loosen the edges, then removed my new soap cake, to be used at my bathroom sink. I previously followed this method, which works much better for me than what I used to do (soak slivers in water, run the soapy water thru an awaiting washcloth, then use the washcloth to create a "soap ball." )With my hand issues, this new method is much easier for me.

2 comments:

Dawn said...

I am so happy to read this post! I have been saving soap chips for several months and wanted to make a couple of new bars of soap but I wasn't quite sure how to go about doing it. Your method is super-easy and I am going to try it out tomorrow! Thank you for sharing! :)

Belinda said...

I've been saving my soap slivers too. I read this site recently and have it saved so I can try it when I have enough soap slivers saved up.

http://ourshoestringlife.blogspot.com/2014/08/soft-soap-revisited.html

I'm not sure how it will work, but I'm willing to give it a try.

Glad your new method is easier with your hand issues. :)