Thursday, September 18, 2014

What's been cooking

Wednesday was keep it simple meal: youngest had visitation with Dad, so it was me and 3 older kids, who were working weird hours. I made some corned beef hash, reheated some of my pork beans and served leftover apple-raisin coleslaw. This worked just fine.

 Tonight's supper relied heavily on stored foods: 2 lbs ground beef, one onion, a large batch of instant potatoes (gifted to us, want to use these up), 2 cans creamed corn.
 While not my top pick, these will do just fine in a pinch
 If you look closely, you'll see that I season these with pepper, along with salt, onion powder.
 Made a large pate chinois, a French Canadian version of sheppard's pie. Families in my area of MA always put the corn layer on top. As an adult, I learned/read that many put it over the ground beef layer, then top it with mashed potatoes.
here it is, fresh out of the oven. It sure hit the spot!

1 comment:

56steps said...

Looks good for a cool fall night.