Sunday, September 14, 2014

Sunny Sunday: and beef is actually on the menu!

 A beautiful, sunny Sunday. I have the Sun porch door open to the Den to allow the residual heat inside the home

Out on the deck, my laundry is drying.
 Open curtains allowing passive solar to warm the home. I refuse to turn the furnace on, and temps will again dip into the 40's tonight.
 My LL Bean wicked good slippers are keeping my feet toasty warm.
 A scented candle=a frugal luxury. These came from my stash, and I know I bought them on sale, with coupons.





Corned beef and cabbage is on the menu;

another way I am adding warmth to the home is my Sunday baking: 2 squash pies (very New England of me) and an apple pie for our dessert offerings.

2 comments:

Belinda said...

The laundry drying in the sun is just beautiful, Carol. I'm surprised at how cold it is there already. It's been in the 70s and 80s here, so it is nice without being hot still. I'm thankful for the cooler weather, but I'm not ready for 40s yet. Brr. We don't have the a/c on today, so that is a good thing.

CTMOM said...

Belinda,
We recently had a blast of heat AKA "Indian Summer" with temps well over 10 degrees higher than usual. Normal for this time of year to be 60-70 during the day, 40-50 at night, although this is unusually cooler. I don't like the heat, this is MY favorite time of year.