Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Crock Pot Tuesday

 Crock Pot full of a double batch of my Campbell's style tomato based pork beans
http://ctonabudget.blogspot.com/2014/03/campbells-style-tomato-based-baked.html

I plan on serving some later on this week, and will freeze any leftovers after that. Great frozen asset to keep on hand.

Sides:

BallPark Angus beef hotdogs that I got for $2/pkg at Aldi's and froze. I have some Aldi's buns to serve with these and an assortment of condiments.

Apple-raisin coleslaw, using a small, organic purple cabbage from my CSA.

4 comments:

Bargain Mom said...

Crock pot is my #2 favorite kitchen appliance.
Coffee Pot & Dishwasher tie for 1st

Catherine said...

Apple raisin coleslaw sounds great! Do you use a recipe, Carol?

CTMOM said...

Catherine,
This is from my maternal, great-grandmother:

about 2 cups slivered cabbage *(I still prefer to do it by hand)
one red apple, skin on that is cut into cubes (deseeded of course)
a handful of raisins
a few tbsp of mayo to blend

Make at least a few hours before serving, allowing it to chill and blend.

Catherine said...

Thanks for sharing!