Thursday, August 21, 2014

This week's CSA, a freebie, and what's for dinner?

 Late posting this for this week, but here's my organic CSA share from Monday: 2 purple kholrabi, 2 lbs potaotes, celery, recipes, a head of garlic, a bunch of pea shoots, a quart container of green beans, 3 lbs Heirloom tomatoes, including my favorite: Black Krims!
 Monthly cleaning service here yesterday presented me with the above air freshener from Yankee Candle as a thank you for continuing to use their service, in celebration of our 2 year anniversary. Attached was a hand written card. Nice touch.
Supper tonight is a continued pantry/freezer clean out/eat down. Joining 2 households had lead to some overages, but we are actively addressing that. A mixed berry crisp was baked off last night, using the table top convection oven. Dinner menu tonight: oven roasted chicken drums and thighs, canned French beans, buttered "garden" fettucini with herb seasoning, a large tossed salad with choice of dressing.

2 comments:

Shara said...

The candle was a nice touch!

I'm actually looking forward to fall moving back in so we can do more baked meals. I've been relying heavily on the pressure cooker, but finally gave up and went back to baking bread...only to have the heat index back up to 100 today.

mikemax said...

Dinner sounds good--what time should I arrive?

Actually, my dinner smells divine. I roasted a turkey today--I'm kind of at the bottom of my freezer and need to get it cooked, anyway. Also clearing out pantry shelves to make a list of what I need for fall canned goods sales.