Saturday, July 12, 2014

Put in an application



We went over this morning to check out the above rental, and I've put in an application with a deposit. Had my list of questions/clarifications and find that this LL would be very reasonable to work with. She'll run my application/credit report and will get back to me by Monday. I am aware that one other person filled out some paper work (a stack of apps were handed to me, a completed one was left on the bottom) and that someone else had an appointment this afternoon. 2 car garage,full basementthat is dry, a walk up attic, a whole house fan,  living room, dining room, eat in kitchen 2 1/2 baths, 4 bedroom, a 3 season porch, a "den" with built ins (cabinets below with shelves above flanking a large window on both sides) that I would use as an office/sewing room and it has a 2 year old wood stove!, deck off the back. She's offered to leave the wicker porch set as well as 2 windoe A/c units for us to use. She will be having a huge tag sale next weekend to clear everything out.

A great deal of work is happening at this place: new oil burner, painting, new front loader washer/dryer, new bath vanities/sinks and mirrors, floors refinished, new energy efficient windows, etc. Location is awesome! Closer to work for all of us, beautiful property. Ticked all of our boxes, now we wait to hear back from her.

She's moved out to another property, and will rent this out as an investment, residing 2 1/2 hours away. Has a property manager, certain people to call but stated upfront that she wants the place to be in top working condition so that a tenant wouldn't have any problems. Treating it as if she was moving in herself as a tenant.

I felt that we are a good match, she repeatedly stated that she liked us, and wanted us to be happy there and would get right on the paper work (realtor friend would run a background check as a freebie). Keeping our fingers crossed. The timing is perfect: Aug 1 tenancy, whcih would allow me 2 weeks to complete the move, clean this place, spackle any holes etc.

11 comments:

Jean said...

Hope you get it! I will be changing apartments as of the 1st also.

Linda www.PictureTrail.com/sewhappy said...

Sending good vibes that this house turns into Home Sweet Home!

Stuns me how you are able to do everything you've mentioned and would need to in order to move -- with just 1 hand and I assume, not even your dominant hand!

CTMOM said...

Linda
Kids are HIGHLY motivated to help me out with moving. Good friend up the street has already offered the use of her Suburban for boxes and what I call "smalls" and would also help with final cleaning and set up. College boy has already suggested getting his friends to help, but I will price out "2 men and a truck."

Mary Lou said...

Good thoughts for you and your family. It sounds perfect. Fingers crossed. We'll all be waiting for good news!!!

young77 said...

Awesome place! Good luck! I am rooting for you and await good news!

Kelly Campbell said...

This sounds perfect for you and the kids, Carol. And it also sounds like a refreshing change from your current LL, who I do realize lives in another part of the country. But still ....

DW said...

Crossing my fingers for you. Looks like a nice house!

Catherine said...

Good luck!!

Lili said...

That looks and sounds so nice! I think you all would be very comfortable there. I hope it works out.

Tracy Hathcock said...

A beautiful place! Hope you get it!!

HappyGrama said...

I'll be praying that you get this house. It looks and sounds great, and the lot is gorgeous, too. Good luck! Mary