Sunday, July 6, 2014

Just what's on the list, please!

I had run out of some key staples, so I drove for the first time since my surgery (no issues!) and hit Aldi's:
quart 1/2 & 1/2, 2 LBSeach fzn Swai & Salmon, 2 pkgs (9 total) fresh tomatoes, celery, 2 lbs carrots, 3 LBS Jonagold apples, 1 cuke, 10 LBS Russet potatoes, 2 cans mushrooms, 1 gallon whole and 1 1% milk, 1/2 gal 2% (college boy), 2 family packs grnd beef (arked down to $2.60/lb=10 8 oz meal sized baggies for the freezer, 3 3 ct pkgs gum. I spent $50.19 cash.

Next stop: Dollar Tree: 3 pkgs fzn pepper strips with onions, 1 pkg tater tots, 1 pkg steam wild rice mix, 4 8 ct pkgs med eggs (one for college boy). I spent $9 CASH.

$51.19 to get me through the week.

Once home, DS # 1's Gf helped me with some cooking: sorry apples and some apple oatmeal packets became a crisp; 2 drained jars of gingered peaches and some Maple oatmeal packets became another crisp. A loaf of whte bread was baked.

Really trying to use what's on hand.

No comments: