Monday, July 14, 2014

It's a go!

Image: http://www.hookingupsmart.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/Green-Light.jpg

Prospective LL called this morning, I've passed the credit and back ground checks, so it's a go! After stressing for months about our situation, I am thrilled at the prospects of starting a new chapter in our lives, with DS flying back to the nest, with GF in tow. I sign a lease tomorrow, the 15th which is the date that I have to have my last rent check post marked. Our new lease begins Aug 1.I will enclose a note that we are vacating at the end of this lease extension, providing my new address for forwarding my security deposit. Additionally, I will e-mail the current LL, to advise her of our move out. Nothing in my lease stipulates giving prior notice, but I feel that this is the right thing to do, regardless of any difficulties I've had with her; she will have 30 day's notice.

The 2 weeks is ideal for us to clean the new place (it's already clean, just want to KNOW it's clean to my standards), hire moving services for the furniture, pack "smalls" and borrow my friend's Suburban to schelp stuff over to the new place, get a chimney sweep out here (remove my wood stove), hire a handyman to take down 3 solar sensor lights and to switch out my programmable thermostas for the rotary dial ones originally here, give this place a quick once over (The cleaning service comes this week so 15 additional days of "dirt"), spackle any holes from our pictures (walls are studded with holes and nails (yes NAILS) from former tenants)

So, once the ink is dry on the lease tomorrow, I will make some phone calls.

13 comments:

Julie Vidani said...

CONGRATULATIONS! it sounds like a great move for you and your family :)

Catherine said...

Congratulations! So exciting!!

young77 said...

That is so wonderful! A new beginning is just what you need after what you've had to deal with.

Lili said...

Carol, I can't tell you how happy I am for you! This is wonderful. No more difficult LL, nosey neighbor, drafty house (charming or not, drafty is no fun), and indeed a new start for all of you!! Great news!

Mary Lou said...

Yay! Sounds like it will be a good move for you and your family!! Congrats!

Tracy Hathcock said...

So happy for you!

Belinda said...

Oh my goodness, Congratulations! I'm so happy for you and wish you the best of luck. :)

Nancy said...

Congrats Carol! The new place sounds awesome.

Ms. Sandie Apuzzo said...

so excited for you!

janie said...

Congrats, so happy for you and family. This new place should be better on the heating costs.

Janie

Bargain Mom said...

Get out the spackle knife it's party time!
Seriously, Take pictures of the inside of the house how you have it now and after you complete the back to landlords renovations. Leave it clean or better yet see if the realtor will do an exit walk through with you. I wouldn't leave anything to chance when it comes to getting the security deposit back.

Bargain Mom said...

I firgot to say when I was fresh out of school I rented in Danbury, studios across from SL. I took pics when I moved in and out. Good thing I did, they tried to keep the deposit over a burn on the kitchen counter which was there when I moved in, I snapped a pic with the date next to it then sent copies to the LL and realtor when I moved in and another when I moved out. I couldn't afford to pay for the previous tenants mistake.

DW said...

YES!!
Congrats ... sounds like it will be a great move for you. Agree with Bargain Mom's suggestion on taking photos ... and I'm sure you've kept all your copies of e-mails and correspondence.