Thursday, July 3, 2014

Day 1, post op

 All's well, surgery yesterday went well, although anchors left in my joint from surgery # 2 altered the orthopedist's initial plan. More details when I get my current cast off in 10 days. Pictured above is my Carter pillow. My elbow rests in the curve at the bottom, while the wide welcro straps hold  up arm upright, to krrp swelling down. I have to wear it 24/7 for the first 48 hours, so one day left.
Pain is quite manageable, thanks to high tolerance. 600 mg generic "Advil" on deck every 8 hours, preceeded by a daily generic omeprazole to keep GERD in check  from it. I only took 2 doses of my natcotic yesterday, none so far today, and had a good, restful night. I have the RX if I require it, but usually wean off it pretty quickly. Once I stop completely, I have clearance to drive. : )

DD and DD# 1's GF helped with meals yesterday: hotdogs in buns, planned over macaroni salad for lunch. Supper was grnd turkey sloppy joes, fzn mixed veg, planned over salad.

I have to figure out lunch, but supper will be boxed mac n cheese (a c & b deal) with tuna blended in, tossed salad, fzn broccoli.

13 comments:

Mary Lou said...

Good thoughts for your recovery.

So hot to have your arm all wrapped up that way, but at least it's only ten days.

Since you have everything so well planned out you should be able to rest a bit.

slugmama said...

Glad to hear that the surgery went well and you are healing well. I have a high tolerance for pain too(what mother doesn't? lol)but take those pain killers if you need them! 8-)

Rachel said...

Glad your surgery went well and you are not in a lot of pain post-op. Take care!

Sandie Apuzzo said...

Was just thinking of your surgery, so happy to see here you are doing well.

Lili said...

Wishing you a speedy recovery, Carol. Thank goodness you have your kids to help out!

Catherine said...

So glad your surgery went well and you are on the mend!

Melissa Tammy Foley said...

Carol, you're such a trooper! Sounds like you're in good hands with all the kids. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Bargain Mom said...

Great to see you typing and feeling some relief from the 'Advil'. Don't push it too much, it is summer break after all.

Claire said...

Hi Carol thanks for stopping by my blog as you can see I am having a good old read of your past posts. That looks painful hope it heals quickly for you.
Much Love
Claire from frugal living xxx

Kelly Campbell said...

I am happy to hear that your surgery was a success and that you are doing well post-op.

Florence said...

I'm glad your surgery went well and hope that recovery is smooth and speedy.

Belinda said...

Sending good thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery, Carol.

DW said...

You're pretty good at 1-handed typing ;) Glad things went well, and that you're not in too much discomfort.