Tuesday, July 1, 2014

A lighter supper tonight

A simple breakfast this morning: OJ, coffee, choice of cold cereal with milk. DS # 3 had an orthodonture appointment, so up and out we went. Upon return, I met the exterminator, who the LL called, and advised the neighbor that one was called. I never heard anything directly from the LL. Bottom line: 3 active yellow jacket nests were sprayed (so now I have yellow jackets who are angry, buzzing around) as well as the infestation of carpenter wasps both in my and the neighboring tenant's garages. Glad that is over with. Really didn't have to be so complicated.

Planning ahead, I ran a load of colored clothes, but dried them inside, due to the yellow jackets.

Lunch was sandwiches and homemade macaroni salad. I made a double batch for tomorrow's lunch as well.

 Last night, I reorganized my tea cabinet, putting the Winter teas up high and storing the "Summer" ones in this repurposed jar that sits on the counter. I tend to make 1 gallon of tea/day. While I still had some lemon and mint herbal tea left, I brewed more:
what I am calling a blueberry tea, even though it's a blend of complimentary teas.

 A large tossed salad with choice of dressing (extra for tomorrow as well)
 the last of my Tilapia fillets, just before baking them off. I used lemon juice, black pepper, French Tarragon
 2 cups brown rice (extra made for tomorrow)
Canned green beans.

Eating lighter, as I am fasting as of midnight, with an early appointment for my third hand surgery on my dominant hand. I will be casted for 6 weeks, then OT to learn how to reuse my hand.

5 comments:

slugmama said...

Best of luck with the surgery!

Bargain Mom said...

Good luck with the surgery. At least you can click links with your non-dominant hand and read. The rest of us bloggers will keep posting so there is something for you to read. We won't be slackers!

Kearnygirl said...

Hi! Sorry to hear about your hand surgery. Hope all goes well and that you can have success with your therapy afterwards. Your dinner looked so good as usual. I enjoy reading your blog. I don't always comment but I do read it all the time. Take care and I hope everything goes well for you.

Linda www.PictureTrail.com/sewhappy said...

Thinking of you and hoping this surgery will go smoothly and that your recovery will be GOOD

Julie Vidani said...

Hoping your surgery and recovery go smoothly!