Monday, June 23, 2014

Wardrobe refreshing on a budget

 Twins birthday was officially yesterday. They couldn't come up with any requests so we decided that a shopping trip to spruce up their Summer wardrobes was order. With my gift budget figure in mind, plus additional monies via check from a relative, we hit Kohl's. Kidlet # 3 got the above (sadly the 2 pairs of cargo shorts don't fit-they have to go back, we'll try on line. He's super skinny so therefor hard to fit). He will keep the athletic  shorts and 2 T's. More shopping for him is in our plans for this week.
 Kidlet # 4: a pair of jeans ($10), a T $8, 2 T Hawk button downs that he previously eye balled but didn't get them as he didn't have enough $ to do so. Now 50% off, he is thrilled to have them.
 I also spent some time scanning the clearance racks, getting some great deals: a pair of Vera Wang pull on, stretch dressy pants (really need to replace my work pants and I continue to try to lose weight) originally $50, I got these for $10! I also grabbed a pair of tan twill pants (great for year round wear and I can get away with these at work). Originally $37, I paid $3.69. $4 pants-love it!
 I also got 2, 3/4 sleeved dressier knit tops for work. One is black with purple and white paisley while the other is navy with fuscia and white paisley. Originally $30, I paid $6 each.
Finally, a splurge: a Chaps crochet embellished, dressier knit top (good for work as well)-originally $49, I paid $14.70.  I tried everything of mine on at the store, rejecting several other pairs of pants. Sizes vary so much with manufacturers, it's ridiculous.

Pleased with our deals/finds. "Earned" $ in "kohl's cash" vouchers so hope to capitalize on that and return to Kohl's to scan the clearance racks again (this time without the boys, who weren't all that pleasant to shop with!).

No comments: