Sunday, June 15, 2014

Taking advantage of this glorious weather

Image: http://www.almanac.com/sites/new.almanac.com/files/images/clothesline(1).jpg

The clothes hung outside, overnight, are now inside, folded on the couch, awaiting until around supper time, when the rest of the day's laundry will join it. I got a load of whites done in warm, and out of the line early this morning. A batch of towels run late last night, were machine dried for 30 minutes before joining the whites outside to finish drying in this beautiful weather: warm, breezy-perfecr "sheet day." A final wash of colored clothes was done (DS #1's and his GF's) and that is also outside in the sun/breeze. Every few hours, I check on what is dry, pull it, bringing it inside to be folded. I noted already some mending that needs to be done, and with DS's permission, will attack some items for his GF,who is wearing a too big skirt, for example, pinned on the underside to make it fit. A quick seam run on my machine will take care of that nicely, and she won't have the discomfort of sitting on safety pins.

Breakfast was my special hazelnut coffee, that I reserve for Sunday's; free range organic eggs from the farm, artisian seeded rye toast that I buttered, OJ.

Lunch for one today: DD will join her twin younger brothers at Dad's for a Father's Day luncheon, for which she is bringing a cheese cake sampler that she bought at Stop and Shop. I already had a card for her to use.

Supper will be my usual ground turkey-ground beef meatloaf, using some homemade bread crumbs that I will whirl in the food processor, using some home amde bread ends that I let dry out first. I'll season and store any extra in a glass jar for future use. Sides will be a large tossed salad, freshly mashed potatoes and a vegetable to be determined. Half of last night's pie remains, along with some vanilla bean ice cream.

After lunch (leftover sloppy joes and mixed veg), I plan on doing something with the bananas that once I again I bought but they just sat. I am thinking banana-chocolate chip muffins or perhaps a sheet cake topped with coconut. Brownies may also be on the list.

Enjoy the day!

No comments: