Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Trying to keep things running smoothly

Laundry washed and hung out, was brought in by DD around lunch time, as she has the day off, everyone else was at work/school. Crockpot cooked the spaghetti sauce, herbed garlic bread made last night. Came home from work, made a salad, filled the large pot with water for the linguini. Home for a bit, then off with DS #2 for medical appointments, after which we put some gas in the car (pump cut me off too soon, before the tank was filled, but I got enough to get me to the weekend), and we hit Alidi's for some top ups, as well as Dollar tree next door. Here's what I got:

Aldi's: 2 bottles each: apple juice, "splash" juice, cranberry juice; 2 gallons milk, 2 lbs butter, 1 lb stick margarine, 1 can sliced pineapple, 3 pkgs of sliced cheese (sharp Cheddar, Colby Jack, Munster), 2 cans bk olives, 2 large cans coffee (decided I'm not that thrilled with Price Rite's coffee that is 50 cents cheaper-we'll stick with Aldi's), 5 boxes cold cereal, 2 bags choc chips, organic AMERICAN (read labels folks! a lot comes from Argentina, India etc), bananas, a yellow pepper, a red pepper, 2 pkgs OM Angus beef hotdogs (seems that Aldis no longer sells the beef "premium" hot dogs we liked-just junky ones under their label), 4 boxes granola bars, 2 jars gerkins, canola oil. $78.06 CASH

Dollar Tree: 2 8 ct pkgs AA batteries, 4 bags tater tots (they've been out lately whenever I go, so I stocked up), 2 bags fzn peppers/onions. $8.13 CASH

After supper, I hard boiled 16 eggs, prepared a chef's salad for DD's lunch tomorrow at work, prepared my lunch : a container of salad and one of l/o linguini with tonight's sauce.

All in all, a productive day!


2 comments:

Bargain Mom said...

Your top up trips to Aldi crack me up! That's like a month long run for me. Mostly because I don't have cereal eaters at the moment - we are working our way through breads in the mornings (banana) and trying to eat up the quick muffin mixes in stock. Surely it will change in the summer....

I noticed our new dollar tree is getting hit hard in the freezer section. Lots of things bought out. I need to find out when the restock days are. (Like the frozen blueberries)

CTMOM said...

Bargain
It's been a few weeks since I shopped. Almost out of cereal, no sliced cheese, stocking up on coffee as the price is set to escalate due to a global shortage, hadn't bought granola bars in a month, no choc chips on hand, etc. Just replenishing what we regularly use and stocking up. I am also feeding 4 daily with 2 additional mouths to feed-often appearing at the dinner table. (DS and GF)