Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Home spruce up on a budget

If you click on this link, you will see the condition of the green metal, bird feeder that I brought with me when I moved: http://ctonabudget.blogspot.com/2012/10/cheap-entertainment.html    It was looking ratty, starting to rust so I deemed that it desperately needed a redo.

Here's the "new" bird feeder:

A can of all in one, primer and rust protective black paint did the trick. Even repainted the cast iron, Sheppard's hook that the feeder hangs from. Done. Now if only the fumes would leave so the birds will return. Strong rain showers are expected tonight, so I am hopeful that this will do the trick.

Another redo this weekend:


Using the same, aforementioned all in one, black paint on a small, wooden shelf (same one that fell mysteriously off of the wall twice!) that hangs over the toilet and stores some personal care items. I paid $4 at a thrift shop, year ago, for this (I believe circa 1970's, based on the "Colonial" design) shelf. Another quick paint job, and it's updated. Seems like black has become my go to color for revamping furnishings.

Next on my list is a desk that I keep in the living room. Once again, black paint will come to the rescue.

No comments: