Saturday, May 31, 2014

Friday night pizza party

Last night, I made a double batch of homemade pizza dough, using my ABM. I also mixed a double batch of pizza sauce (2 8 oz cans tomato sauce plus sugar and spices: onion powder, garlic powder, Ital. seasonings. I hand grated 4 oz of sharp Cheddar (sale plus cpn deal) and 8 oz low fat Mozzarella. One pizza was a pepperoni and cheese blend (Cheddar/Mozzarella/Parmesan) while the second was a "special": onion (grabbed a sprouting one out of the basket, removed the bad parts and composted them, we used the rest), some yellow pepper, Pepperoni, the rest of some l/o black olives, a can of mushrooms, the rest of some l/o meatloaf cut into cubes aka "square meatballs" as I like to call them. My meatloaf and meatball recipes are similar, the meatloaf was lingering and needed to be used up.

All 4 kids plus DS # 1's GF and I consumed the 2 pizzas, which cost me approx $8 total to make. A bottle of $1 on sale soda-dinner was done.

1 comment: