Thursday, April 10, 2014

Tried something new tonight

 Here's a Kraft "dinner kit" that I got for free (Dollar Tree item "paid" for with a $1 off cpn). Additional ingredient: 3 cups farfalle (although any shape pasta would do)
 Moved off the menu plan tonight, as I wanted to use up the leftover, roasted chicken from Sunday. Side vegetable: fzn broccoli florets bought on sale plus cpn.
 Directions are simple enough: boil the pasta. Meanwhile, cook 1 1/2 lbs BSCB cubed in 1/2 of the pesto sauce. Once pasta is cooked and drained, add it to your skillet, along with the rest of the pesto, the pouch of chunky marinara, 2 TBSP Parmesan
Cover and heat through.

Serve with additional, freshly grated Parmesan if desired.

Review: very tasty. I'd "buy" it again for free. ; )

Today's food (at least for me) has a Freebie theme. Today was Teacher Appreciation Day and we were gifted a huge spread of food for both breakfast as well as lunch. I selected fresh fruit salad, a blueberry muffin, some banana bread, low fat vanilla yogurt for my bfst. Lunch was incredible: tables upon tables of food to choose from, similar to what you may see at a Church pot luck supper, including a dessert table! I selected deviled eggs, large shrimp with cocktail sauce, as well as scoops from the following: a wild rice-craisin-pecan salad, a quinoa-roast vegetable salad, a chunky curried chicken salad, a French potato salad in a vinaigrette based dressing, a Chinese bok choy-ramen-peanut salad. Little bits of this n that. YUM! I splurged on a slice of cream cheese topped carrot cake, had water to drink.

Meeting after work included light refreshments. I grabbed a Coke as I was fighting a headache.

An awesome day, food wise. I was pretty good, in light of the more heavier selections as well as trying to avoid items that would be delicious, but would bother my GERD. (chilli, pulled pork, Spanish rice with Chorizo, sausage and cheese stratas etc.)


No comments: