Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Ham stir fried rice aka "fridge clean out"

 Here's tonight's supper: I put some canola oil and some sesame oil on my large, grill pan, then added the following: bok chop, some fresh asparagus, 2 carrots, some long in the tooth celery, 1/2 of a yellow pepper. I left this stir fry a bit, then added: about 2 cups chopped Easter ham, a container of l/o mixed fzn vegetables, all of the assorted, l/o sauce packets from a recent Chinese take out celebration: soy sauce, mustard sauce, sweet n sour sauce. I let that cook a bit more before adding the l/o Chinese restaurant rice, the l/o Basmatti rice from last night and 2 eggs that I scrambled on the grill pan.
Here's some close ups-can't tell which one is better (color wise)
Glad to use this stuff up, and 3 of us enjoyed this for supper (Mr Picky grabbed some cold cereal). Rest is going into take away containers for DD and I to tote to work.

Here's today's freebie, a gift from a student, who I wrote a college recommendation for:

Nice! and yes, she got into UConn.

3 comments:

Bargain Mom said...

Looks yummy. Were having leftover ham casseole tomorrow night. Well 3 of us are the other doesn't like rice at all - that ones gets leftover pasta & meat sauce

Belinda said...

Looks terrific and a nice way to use up all the leftovers. :)

Sandy said...

I will be cooking a ham next week and your recipe looks wonderful for leftovers. Thanks.