Sunday, March 30, 2014

Shopping Savers, aka clothing on a budget

 DD and I hit Savers this afternoon, spending a couple of hours culling the racks. DD ended up with the light weight, like new, black cardigan with shawl collar above. It dips lower in the front than in the back. $9.99
 Black sequined, sleeveless top with bow on left shoulder by Jennifer Lopez. $4.99
 Calvin Klein denim jacket $14.99
Spandex stretchy knit, black and white front cross over long sleeved top by Cable and Gage $5.99. Fantastic find! Wish I saw it first!


 Here's my haul: 2 pairs of brand new, Enzo Angiolini leather loafer style flats in a light French blue and a chocolate brown with animal skin inlay @ $14.99 ea. I have to be careful with shoes, due to arthritis, and this is a brand I know is comfortable for me. Good leather shoes for Spring through Fall.
 
 Dressy black and white rayon-spandex by Alfani T for work $5.99. I can wear this year round to work, awesome find!
 Chocolate brown print, dressier T by Liz Clayborne $3.99 Another year round top
 Looks orange but is actually a coral pink, brand new ribbed cotton, dressier T by Karen Scott $3.99.Due to the color, this will most likely be a Sp/Summer top only
 Another Liz Clayborne find: 3/4 sleeve, lycra stretchy black/saphire/cream print blouse $5.99. A year round basic for work
 NY and company, stretch shell in a black/red/raspberry floral print $5.99-also a year round item. Just top it with a cardigan.
 This looks navy but is actually a deep aubergine, brand new, dressy T shirt from Dress Barn. $3.99. I can wear this year round
 Another new with tags item: cotton V neck, saphire T with scallopped trim around the neckline. Basic Editions by WM $2.99. A year round basic
 Like new, acrylic cardigan in buttercream/black/white floral 3/4 sleeve $6.99. Due to the print, I'll most likely keep this as a Spring/Summer item. Great find. I can wear as is, or use to layer over a solid white or black T.
Brand new with tags, white ribbed knit with ruffle neckline, dressier T by Talbots. $9.99. A bit pricier than the others, but an awesome Sp/Summer wardrobe find. I can wear this as is, or layer it.

The items I purchased are all mix/match to stretch my wardrobe. I keep things "seasonless" if possible, wearing them year round.  We are both very pleased with our shopping trip on a budget. While I literally tried on about 40 pieces, coming home with 11 is great. Sizes vary so much between manufacturers that it is necessary to try on everything. While they do allow returns for store exchange (within 7 days), it is a hassle so I made myself try things on. I still need pants, and would love a navy cardigan. We'll be back.

2 comments:

Cheapchick said...

Great finds, can't beat those prices.

young77 said...

Another awesome post! I need to buy almost a full "wardrobe" as I have been losing weight (one of my goals.) I don't like to shop, but guess I'd better start. Since I'm fully retired, pants and tops work for me and even tho I am 78 years young! I don't want ugly matron stuff. Thanks for once again inspiring this senior citizen!!!