Monday, March 31, 2014

Marvelous Monday!

Just a busy, typical day for me. Up at 5, got dressed, made bfst and packed lunches. Today's work outfit: black dress pants, a black dressier, embellished T with black edging near the scoop neckline, my new to me black/white/ecru floral 3/4 sleeved cardigan (received several compliments on it!), black flats, pearls and drop pearl ear rings. I continue to use a cross body, black, Italian leather pocket book.

 Bfst was the rest of yesterday's onion/mushroom/Cheddar quiche, OJ/Splash juice, coffee. I had toast on homemade white bread with peanut butter. Mid morning snack of low fat, vanilla yogurt with fresh strawberries. Lunch was another work luncheon, celebratory pot luck. I brought a vinaigrette dressed pasta salad with cannellini beans, black olives, celery, herbs. It went over well and was very economical for me to make. I had some of my pasta salad, a piece of Cheddar with a few crackers, chicken salad, a small slice of chocolate cake, Coke. DD took a tub of leftovers to work, kids toted sandwiches and home brewed, unsweetened iced tea to school.



Supper tonight: creamed salmon over boiled potatoes, steamed fresh asparagus. We're now down to one lone can of salmon. Like everything else in the pantry, we're eating it down.

Load of colored clothes done in cold is now hanging up. I would have hung out, as it's a bit breezy, and in the 40's with a forecast of mid 50's tomorrow, but tonight it'll dip back into the 20's. Snowed/sleeted/rained on the way to work this A.M. March is leaving like a lion I guess.

Received a partial reimbursement for out of network insurance claim (medical); something is better than nothing. Also received my second to last installment plan bill from the hospital for PT outpatient rehab this past Summer. At no interest, I've been making my monthly payments, using my HSA to cover it. One more partial payment remains for April, then it'll be paid off in full. Glad that the hospital was so easy to work with. Got some additional insurance (medical) claims (EOB's) paid out so now I await final billing from the doctor's in question.

One kidlet just popped into the shower before we have supper, so we are officially already preparing for Tuesday. My clothes are pulled out: jeans, new to me dark purple dressy T, shawl collared ecru openwork cardigan, long purple/pink paisley print silk scarf, silver flats, diamond stud ear rings. Another busy day tomorrow, with medical appointments right after work. Supper menu was intentionally planned accordingly, using what I call, "planned overs"-the leftover sauce from Sunday's chicken cacciatore with some additional ingredients to stretch it into enough for a second meal. I am thinking of pulling out one of my smaller crock pots to help in the effort.

2 comments:

Debbie said...

It's nice to have a plan in place that works for everyone in the family. Are you glad to be back to work?

Lili said...

I hope all is going well for you in these first days back at work!