Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Crash and burn, it's been a while

 Being so limited in what I can buy, financially speaking, has kept me away from Stop and Shop. I was there today, and picked up the above marked downs: Kaiser rolls, Portugese rolls, 3 loaves of "junky white bread" which is great for making French toast-which is on  deck for tomorrow morning's breakfast.
 Crash and burn offerings were sparse at store # 1, but store # 2 has historically been a great source for me, and today was no exception: 2 boxes of store brand lotion tissue cubes, 4 cans of beans, a tin of black pepper, a can of pineapple chunks, a can of Italian style stewed tomatoes, a small can of tomato pasts (for my ketchup making adventures), a can of hazelnut coffee @ $1.89!-that's my Sunday morning treat. Awesome!
 Granny Smith apples
Slicing tomatoes

2 comments:

Bargain Mom said...

Nice job on you're grocery deals! I'm trying go be good this week, it's Tuesday see my page to see how I did...

I never have much luck at crash n burn veggies, maybe I'm there at the wrong time of the day.

CTMOM said...

Bargain
Next time you are at the store, stop one of the produce people and ask them when they usually put out marked downs. Around here, after 10 a.m. is a good time frame (same for meat)